Innovation, Technology, Safety
Through a partnership with PM Group, Altec is proud to offer our customers the full line of PM Articulating cranes. These versatile machines offer class leading performance and some of the best strength-to-weight ratios in the industry. Combined with Altec’s sales and product support network, we have a solution to meet any of your material handling needs.
- Size classes from 1.5 to 100 tonne-meters
- Altec custom bodies and installation for wide variety of applications
Integral Safety Features
Altec configures and installs PM articulating cranes with safety in mind. We focus on integral safety features that help owners and operators comply with the most up-to-date OSHA articulating crane standards and provide safe work environments.
- Outrigger Boom interlocks
- Load Limiting Device
- PM Stability Power System (certain models)
- Anti-Two Block Device (when equipped with winch)
- Outrigger Controls at Ground Level
- Safe Ingress/Egress to body and cargo area
- Emergency stop at all controls (including remote)
- Back up Alarm
PM Crane Features and Options
The PM Crane product line is divided into four series, each having a pre-configured package of standard features. Optional features and attachments can also be added to any PM Crane.
- Classic – Optimal price and quality for any applicaton
- Silver – Adds dual linkage system for consistent lift capacity and boom speed throughout the full range of motion.
- Gold – Adds PM Power Tronic monitoring system, proportional hydraulic control valve, and standard radio remote control.
- Platinum – Adds continuous rotation for full 360 degree capability.
Exclusive to PM, the LC boom configuration allows the entire boom pack to retract, increasing productivity through improved close working range and capacity with no loss of extension at full reach.
PM Stability Power System provides a safer work site by automatically adjusting crane capacity and working range based on the stability conditions of the machine.
Optional radio remote provides comfortable, confident operation.
Optional PM Power Tronic monitoring system delivers real-time performance information.
Features and Specs for Leading Utility Models
Altec sells and supports the full line of PM Articulating Cranes. Contact us today for more details on additional models, or to configure an articulating crane for your specific application.
Optional Features and Attachments
Most models can be configured with a hydraulic powered winch as an auxiliary lifting device. Winch capacity ranges from 2,600 to 8,300 lbs depending on crane size.
Extendable jibs provide an additional articulation point for improved versatility, as well as increase the overall reach of the crane. On models equipped with PM Power Tronic control system, Jib Multi Power optimizes the lift capacity of the jib by simultaneously monitoring both the crane boom and jib angles.
Supplemental Hydraulic Circuits
Hydraulic circuits are available at the boom tip to power attachments such as jibs, grapples, augers, work platforms, and a wide variety of other attachments. Hydraulic lines managed and protected by either spring loaded reels or hose-tracks.
Radio Remote Control
Available as an optional attachment on most Classic and Silver series cranes.
Contact your Altec Account Manager for information on additional options.
PM Crane Model Literature
Click on the model below to download the product brochure.